This just in:
Texas Tech University (Texas Tech) invites nominations and applications for the Dean of the School of Law & W. Frank Newton Professor of Law search. The Dean will serve as a strong advocate on behalf of the School to internal and external university stakeholders in addition to representing the School of Law and Texas Tech University on the national and international stage.
To view the complete position profile, please click here.
Qualifications and Characteristics
Candidates for the Dean of the School of Law at Texas Tech University must possess the following qualifications and experience:
• A Juris Doctor (J.D.) or other terminal degree in law, and at least ten years of experience in the teaching and/or practice of law;
• Substantial credentials appropriate for an endowed, tenured appointment at the rank of professor;
• Demonstrated strategic, ethical, and effective leadership skills; a proven track-record as an innovator and an effective communicator with a high level of integrity and emotional intelligence;
• Experience with national and international issues affecting legal and graduate education;
• Experience in fundraising or the interest and potential in partnering with university advancement officers to secure external gifts, grants, and funding to support law school programs;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively within the University, the School of Law, and the larger legal community; the ability to motivate and inspire faculty; and a commitment to shared governance.
• A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
The Search Committee, chaired by W. Brent Lindquist, Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences at the Texas Tech University, will begin reviewing applications immediately and continue to accept applications and nominations until April 7, 2017. Applicants must submit a current curriculum vitae and a letter describing relevant experience and interest in the position. Submission of materials via e-mail is required. Nomination letters should include the name, position, and contact information of the nominee. All applications and nominations will be handled in confidence.
Applications and letters of nomination should be submitted to:
Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates
6512 Painter Avenue
Whittier, CA 90601
Refer to code “TTU-DSL” in subject line
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Texas Tech University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse university leadership committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We actively encourage applications from all those who can contribute, through their leadership to the diversity and excellence of the academic community at Texas Tech University. The University welcomes applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, persons with disabilities, and dual-career couples.