Over at the Chronicle Forums (here), readers are chiming in with the "Ten Worst Things to Put on Your CV," inspired by a similar general-business post over here at Yahoo Finance. Here are some of my favorites from the Chron:
- Eagle scout
- MENSA Membership
- Job talks
- Marital status and names of kids
- Placement in recent athletic competitions
- Postings to fan-fiction sites
- List of grants applied for but denied or unfunded.
So what are some of the worst things for a law prof to put on a CV? I'll incorporate by reference all of the above and add a few more:
- Pre-collegiate employment or volunteer activity
- Pre-collegiate anything, really
- Lists of blog postings
- Religious affiliation or membership.
Additions? Modifications? Clarifications? How about American Bar Foundation Fellowship? Service as an outside tenure reviewer? What's on your list of "don'ts" for a law prof's CV?